Saturday, August 8, 2009

Loss of our Dreams

Acknowledgement of our fate is painful but when finally reconciled, it is very healing. In addition to acknowledging the loss of my dreams, i.e., a child, years of happiness with my soulmate, and possibly our home next yet to come to name just a few, it was really helpful to me when I acknowledged the loss of the girl i once knew - me. I no longer see the same, feel the same, hear the same, etc., but I must say, ALL FOR THE BETTER. This has been a life-altering journey, yes, and I must also say, it has been very life-enhancing as well, and for that I am most grateful under the circumstances. It was hard to let go of the girl that my friends, family and I had come to be quite comfortable with and love. She was such a shining star with her Nicholas! I tried to hold on long and fast, but once I truly acknowledged that I was changing beyond my control, I have really been thriving as opposed to just surviving. I am a shining star again only in a different and brighter sky. Don't give up.

3 comments:

  1. I want you to know, I have found your blog very helpful and comforting. I think I may start a blog myself as a way of getting some of my emotions out. I lost my husband last March 2009 and doing my best to deal. He was in an accident also, we are both dealing with a "sudden" loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,

    Thank you for your comments. Interestingly enough, it took me a long time to even start a blog.... and then it just happened and you couldn't keep me off of it. Now, I haven't been back since August. I cannot explain why my feelings have changed over the years - they just have - and thankfully for the best. Please contact me if you would like to talk. My e-mail is jsbda519@optonline.net. Thanks again for your comments and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for putting your email address on your reply; I also just saw now that you replied... i thought I would have gotten an email saying you had replied... I just cked your page again and saw that you had been online and I cked... Ill send you an email soon. It is weird... after everythign happened... I was told to start writing things down it would make me feel better... i couldnt write at first... but after a month or so.. i thought it was making me feel better... it was a way for me to rant and vent... and I have thought about putting my rants and thoguhts online... kinda like you have to hope they will inspire someone else, as you have inspired me. I had a hard time finding anyone online at all... and i was happy to have found your blog...

    ReplyDelete