Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Where Is It Written....

....that it should take one month, six months, one year, two years, 5 years, etc., etc., to stop feeling sad and missing our loved ones that have passed? That is one thing that I never suffered from - counting the days, months, years that I am still sad and missing him. I gave myself the time and space to evolve under my new circumstances. It has been 5 and one half years since the loss of my fiance, Nicholas, and I am just starting now to feel like I am thriving again and morphing into the person I was meant to be at this time in my life. Nicholas was the love of my life, the one and only for me, the only man I would ever even consider marrying, and poof, look what happens - can't even begin to try to figure out why. I will always love him and I will always miss him. Sometimes it will be with sadness instead of joy for what I had, and sometimes I will cry, [besides the fact that I am a 50 yr. old woman with whacky hormones that can't be discounted either.... lol]. I just feel badly for those who write "it has been 2 years and I am still........". Its hard enough to build a new life without our beloveds so why add more pressure with supposed time limits? Best to all, Judy

2 comments:

  1. I, too, have lost numerous loved ones...some to sudden horrendous accidents, others succombed after long periods of pain and illness. Your words bring comfort. Today I will value each "baby step" I am able to take and love myself for taking that step. Your words have relieved the pressure that many impose upon us that TODAY we should be fine and over it all. I believe that accepting and dealing with our losses is a lifelong journey. There will be good days and bad, but I believe though our loved ones are no longer physically present to us...the love and relationship we shared is eternal and should be embraced...not denied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always beauitiful... and I'm a fan. Thank you for being the voice of the un-spoken.

    ReplyDelete