Thursday, June 18, 2009

Indulge Yourself

I read with interest a post by someone who was feeling that he was not allowed to feel sorry for himself anymore over the loss of his wife 18 months ago. I also read with interest a reply by someone who told him to "grow up and get over himself". I am here to say loud and clear that growing up and/or getting over yourself has nothing to do with it. When you suffer the loss of a loved one, a major part of your life has changed, as did mine, and when I feel like having a pity party, I allow myself to do so. We cannot just ignore the longings of our soul and the more you indulge yourself/soul, the more you will grow and strengthen, and the fewer pity parties you will feel like having. We must honor our soul and partner with our soul and it will never let us down.

2 comments:

  1. Challenge to you, JellyBeans!!

    I challenge you to write a COMPANION blog to this called "The Alchemy of Strength" (or Power, or Wellness) - like all challenges, they can of course, go ignored.

    There it is,

    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rod,

    I'd like to be known as someone who never passed up a good challenge :) therefore, I accept! I'll keep you posted.
    Best,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete