Friday, June 19, 2009

Weekends

I remember weekends after my Nicholas passed. Never in my 44 years did I ever, ever think I would ever welcome a seven day work week. At least at work, I was a little distracted. Now what was I going to do with two whole days with zero motivation to do anything but lay around and think about Nicholas and cry and cry and cry. And so I did just that for a long time.

My thought for all of you who are just beginning your journey back, is that you WILL look forward to Fridays again - I promise. I know that you cannot even fathom that notion, neither could I, but it is true. In the meantime, I'd love to hear from you and help you through today as so many have helped me through many todays. E-hugs to all and I'll see you tomorrow,

Judy

2 comments:

  1. I lost my beloved friend a week ago to a heart attack. I have had a long relationaship with him. He was a good freind, confidant, lover and all aroung selfless person giving the shirt off his back to those he loved including me and my children. The empty space is so painful. It is so unfair that he died so young. I am in the process of joining a support group. I just need to get it out and not isolate. I do have a great therapist for which I am grateful. need hugs.
    Thank you
    joan S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joan,
    I am so sorry that you are going through this. My Nicholas passed suddenly too. He was 47. I don't know if it will be the same for you, but for me, I was in such shock [and you may be too as your loved one passed suddenly too] that I found that I had to deal with the shock first before I could even start to grieve and attend support groups. I am very happy that you have a great therapist. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please check in and let me know how you are doing. I am always here if you want to talk or need more hugs.
    Best, my friend,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete