Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fireworks of Celebration


A few things I have resigned myself to: Holidays are always going to be tough; Walking through the tool section of Home Depot is always going to be tough; My birthday and his birthday will always be tough; Eating a piece of lemon merangue pie will always be tough; Living the rest of my life without my Nicholas will always be tough; need I go on? I have resigned myself to this unexpected reality.

My fireworks are very personal now. They occur in the privacy of my mind in all their glorious splendor, color and celebration. No more are they experienced on the waterfront with hundreds of people viewing and sharing them.

My personal fireworks represent and celebrate how I loved dearly and was so dearly loved back and will prevail over all other thoughts and events. This is where I must compromise. Rumor has it you can't have your cake and eat it too - hmmm, now where have I heard that before :) ? In every aspect of life, in fact, and we never like it, so why should this be any different or any easier to get accustomed to?

Be well all and good for you to all who have had the opportunity to have loved so dearly and been so dearly loved in return. Truly, we have been blessed!

Judy

1 comment:

  1. You speak for so many, and speak so well!
    Thank you for stating it so succinctly.

    ReplyDelete